Friday, January 19, 2007

Cowboys ~ anna hood ~

From now on I'm gonna keep
my promise forget you
bad boy
no dreamin for me
of old lovers specially you
specially you! your pretend wings
stolen from some old Indian Chief
leather smell
boots
no hat (what you thinking! )

when you come rappin
at my dreams some night
at 3 probly
when the moon's a hot copper
square on the bedroom floor
when the sheets are a tangle
roun my legs your arms wide
invitin me to dance
invitin me to Georges

c'mon you say lets go
down to the quarter down
where the old bluesmen live
c'mon babe we'll fly
I'll drop a dime
in the juke box B12
Patsy still lives
there in B12 you know
for a dime she kin
take you to heaven
c'mon babe I'll wear the hat
all endings are brutal
tomorrow's soon enough
for promises

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Dafath said...

there was a time
we did the Bellevue Stomp
on Friday nights at the corner
Bellevue, Idaho
just followin eaten a plate full
of those oysters the Basque and Brazillian shepherds would bring by hired to tend the sheep high up in the Lost River Range

9:57 AM  
Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Terrific, Anna...
you cowgirl you...

11:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Brilliant stuff, Anna, so much "colour" and vitality.

12:09 AM  
Blogger Bernita said...

Awww.
Made me think of "He loves his damned old rodeo as much as he loves me..."

4:38 AM  
Blogger anna said...

Thanks Bear, I can picture your weekends, Susan, Atyllah and Bernita thank you!!

6:01 AM  
Blogger anna said...

think motorcycles you guys! (g)

6:08 AM  
Blogger Roberta said...

Now. How can you ever forget a bad boy?

Love the dialogue and the trip of the tongue. Cajun?

6:18 PM  
Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Hi Anna,

Meant to say, "...you sexy cowgirl, you..." tee-hee!

12:02 AM  
Blogger anna said...

Roberta, southern definitely!
suse - hehehehee

3:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home