Saturday, August 26, 2006

Stone Angels ~~ anna hood

There is an aura of suicides
in this place, too many dead
too many shattered hearts
shattered heads
scattered
ashes that litter my sky
like a scribble of inky
letters

I've heard of angels
heard their voices
wind chimes
a filigree of crystal notes
a Peruvian flute
that travels a trade wind
a magic carpet of sound

yes I've heard of angels
and their wings of sorrow
raven birds tethered
to a burned out star
a blackened star tucked
under a feathered wing a stone
angel who weeps at your head
I heard her whisper
Are you happy?

This then is for you.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kajgreb said...

I have this one on my PDA. Janice liked it so much she redid it for you. Why don't you post that one?

7:52 PM  
Blogger Dafath said...

my my anna

2:58 AM  
Blogger Roberta said...

This is haunting, Anna. Beautiful.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is one of the most poignant poems I've ever read. Tears came to my eyes as I read the end. How hauntingly sad yet beautiful.

5:42 PM  
Blogger anna said...

kagjbre, the one Janis did is some strange font that I can't figure out how to put here.
Bear, my my what??
Roberta, thanks so much for reading
Jas as always!!!!

8:38 AM  
Blogger Bernita said...

Just. Excellent.

9:01 AM  
Blogger anna said...

Jason, thank you so much for stopping by! This is an old poem but a favourite of mine.

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home