Sunday, September 17, 2006

Let Me Tell You About the Dark ~~ anna hood

It's raining again
the moon sliding
into the sea.
Her white darkness
filling the bay
coating the wet thighs
of the river bank
slipping over the
cave made by the broken pines.
It slides across the skin
of the pond over the still
sleeping koi.

The night is full of archangels
their terrible white wings
rouged with night.
Do you hear them?
Michael's sword
clashing at unseen evils
and owls, bats slipping
from level to level
radar pinging off
jagged spangled stars
that float in the path
of ghosts.

I'm never afraid in the dark
afraid like some people
that every speck of them
might disappear
even their shadow
swallowed up
because this is when he comes
and takes me
his arms hard and smooth
as a piece of washed beach glass.
And he kisses me
his throat a vibrating cello.
He steals my breath.

Now tell me
what do you know
about the dark?

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Anna, your poetry always makes me want to write. Your words are such an inspiration -- the imagery, the fold of emotion over emotion. This is so beautiful it clutched at my throat. Now I want to go off and write about -- whaddya know -- vampires!

Hugs
jas

8:48 AM  
Blogger Roberta said...

Romantic and fierce. Each sentence a painting.

Oustanding Anna!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Angel Feathers Tickle Me said...

Love to all....

2:33 PM  
Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Hi Anna, I've managed to return today.
This poem reminds me of Orinoco Flow sung by Enya.
It's whimsical mood recalling pictures from those old black and white storybooks...just simple ones of silvery moons and tumbling waves.
Beautiful... because your poetry always paints splendid pictures in my mind.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Saaleha said...

Gorgeous. simply gorgeaus. Loved every vivid line.

12:09 AM  
Blogger Bernita said...

"always paints splendid pictures in my mind..."
Yes. Exactly.
And the dark? The question compelled?
Sanctuary.

5:25 AM  
Blogger anna said...

Thanks to all of you!!
Jas, can't think of a nicer comment. and ya knows I does love them vampyres
Roberta as always thank you for seeing what I see.
AngelFeathers, yes, love to all
Susan of all minds on which to paint spendid pictures yours has to be one of the most colourful.

Saaleha, I am so happy you stopped by. I love your blog! Your writing rocks!

Bernie, sanctuary was not quite the answer I expected

11:32 AM  
Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Hi again Anna,
This is a poem I could come back to read again and again and of course, I will. I did it today.

love

8:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, Anna - great poem, such powerful and amazing imagery! Think I'll come back and read more :-)

10:47 PM  
Blogger anna said...

Well hey Susan! thanks again for stopping by and Atyllah so nice to see ya .. Cluck!

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home