Monday, October 16, 2006

Right Minds ~~ anna hood

We'd ring him
savage little bastards
arms spinning windmills
beside our ears
callin names
ye daft bugger
feeble minded idjit
yer touched in the head
me ma said you were
dropped at birth
with half yer brains missin

He'd cry
big gawp wide
so's we could see his tonsils
tears streelin two clean lines
down his cheeks
sometimes he'd piss hisself
givin us another torment

Callin for his ma

She'd come runnin
with her broom
thinkin she could sweep
us away
black sweater flappin
red face
hair in pins
screechin threats
I'll tell yer ma
ye'll be in for it then
she'll take the switch
to yer skinny backsides

We'd race off secure
in our right minds
and watch her
touch his hair
her big lout of a son
and make things right.

6 Comments:

Blogger Roberta said...

How cruel, Anna.

This made me so sad.

I hate bullies.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Dear Anna,
When I read this poem, I thought first thing,"my friend Anna is back." You have a distinct style of conveying so much in so little of a tight poem that has no torn threads because it stays flawless and seamless with its careful, neat stitches.
How many faces the portrayal of a mother's love and now yet another, of the simple but the divine.
And all of which you have portrayed to me personally and beautifully.
And not at all lacking the talent of a good artist.

love

8:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a sharply "painted" poem! You really have such a way with words, Anna, I always "see" your poems.

So glad you're back! You've been missed.

12:31 AM  
Blogger Bernita said...

Excellent.

5:44 AM  
Blogger anna said...

Roberta, yes cruel but so very human, (unfortunately). Thanks for reading my dear friend.

Susan, I was so glad you saw past the dreadful children to the love of the mother.

Atylla, glad you saw the sharpness of this hateful little scene.
Chickens have very good eyes!

And Bernita, again thank you so much for taking the time. Love your new photo ID! Very classy!

12:20 PM  
Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Hello Bernita
c/o Anna,

I wanted to say after I read Anna's comment and if you see this that indeed your new photo id shows up a graceful beauty. You look beautiful.

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home